(the title is a stretch but...its what GG had to offer in the historical sense...)
Today was a FANTASTIC day! I did a bunch of the tourist-y stuff today and it was awesome! Totally relaxing fun day. Although Walden "pond"?? Pond my eye!!! it is GIGANTIC!!! Lake is more like it!! I think it was like 2.5 miles around or something and I walked the WHOLE thing. yay me! Haha. It was beautiful though and sadly my friends, the pictures below are no where near the end of all the pictures I took. Click on my flickr link to see the rest (plus these ones again!!) :D It was also a crazy beautiful day and I couldn't have asked for a better touristy day!
Today was a FANTASTIC day! I did a bunch of the tourist-y stuff today and it was awesome! Totally relaxing fun day. Although Walden "pond"?? Pond my eye!!! it is GIGANTIC!!! Lake is more like it!! I think it was like 2.5 miles around or something and I walked the WHOLE thing. yay me! Haha. It was beautiful though and sadly my friends, the pictures below are no where near the end of all the pictures I took. Click on my flickr link to see the rest (plus these ones again!!) :D It was also a crazy beautiful day and I couldn't have asked for a better touristy day!
ENJOY!
Stuff around Concord

Walden Pond 2

Walden Pond

3 comments:
Sounds like fun, did you go by yourself? With friends? I need to call you today!
Wow! What a great set of photos, and what a cool experience. I remember when I was back there--just the one time--feeling (a) there's a lot of old stuff here and (b) "pond"? it seems like a small lake!
I especially love the whirly trees picture. Beautiful. Did you go into any of the houses--Emerson's house is very cool, and Hawthorne's.
Oh how I love that area... I actually got engaged at Goose Pond, the pond across the street, right by the parking lot for Walden. It felt a whole lot more like Walden should've, I thought. Much less commercial, which is so sad, given the reason it's famous. And more like a pond, less like a lake. :)
Post a Comment