I'm home, I'm happy, I'm hyperventilating...
okay, well the last ones not true. Things are kind of stressful and crazy, but well so is life as a grown up. I know that things will get easier, but not until I struggle and become successful at being a grown up.
When is that going to happen again?
Anyway. Onto the good/new.
I am in school again! Praise Buddha! It is unbelievably awesome to be learning new things, to be having intellectual conversations again.
For those who care (aka my sisters and mom/dad), I am taking Spanish 1010, English 2600--Critical Intro to Literature, English 2850--LGBT studies, and Aerobics/Kickboxing.
It is going to rock! I am so excited! I am loving each class so much!
Other than that, I have a job, it just hasn't started yet. I will be (maybe) working at Office Max part-time, but Ikea has also called me for an interview so that might pay more than Office Max and if it does, well, logically I will take that job. And also, because O. M. isn't going to be paying an ideal amount, I will also be working a few shifts at..Subway. It isn't my favorite choice, but as I told dad, if I want to make adult decisions and live in my own apartment (!!!!!!!!) and pay my own bills and what not, I need to take the necessary steps to do that, and that includes taking some shifts at Subway because it is currently the highest pay...
And speaking of that apartment (!!!!!!!!), I am living in my very own (with Diane that is) apartment!! I LOVE it! It has its difficulties sure, but the benefits are so far awesome! But weird. It is still kinda bizarre to hang out with mom and then have to say "well, I better get going. it's late. I need to go home...cuz home is somewhere that isn't here." Also, it has been really nervewrecking. I strongly believe that this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now, but damn it is hard. Once my job (whichever one it may be) starts and I am actually earning money, I will be A LOT calmer, but until then, I'm a nervous wreck.
Other than that, I am happy, healthy, and still tan from Louisiana and the Bahamas!! I know most of you all know that I was there, and most of you have seen the pictures on Facebook (dad--look at them if you haven't!!), but I wanted proof on the blog that I went so...I'm posting my favorite pictures now. And then I'll be done!
6 comments:
>> I'm home, I'm happy, I'm hyperventilating...
I love that!
I'm so glad you're back in town, that I can see you, and that you're happy, in that adorable apartment, living life with purpose and focus and joy. You are awesome~!
So glad you're home! Money can be so stressful, I'm sure it will help having everything lined up and moving forward. Way to go having your own place though. Seriously.
Your classes sound awesome.
I'll have to see if you can babysit sometime if you aren't busy so I can go out with Drew.. I'll try to be competitive with the wages too. LOL
I love these pictures! I miss the Bahamas so much. Especially Fillipi!!!
Ah, the adventures of budgeting. Some thoughts that help me:
"Save now, spend later."
"Do I need it? do I need it now? can i live without it?"
Glad you're back home. Sounds like things are going great. I'm so happy for you.
Glad you are home too, and living it up with the big D. you guys are going to have a great time, and soon you'll be working. I know it is not a nice feeling, but you will get there.
Post a Comment