"...Then it can't be that bad!!" This song will always bring back happy memories. :)
Well, my summer break was AWESOME--how was yours?
Oh, yours isn't over yet? That's cool. Mine actually hasn't started yet.
I pretty much had a long weekend (okay, a week) between the end of the semester from hell (aka Spring 2012) and the start of a whirlwind Spring intersession semester, where I will be taking one gen. ed. class in two and a half weeks. The class is basically music appreciation, so it should be fun and interesting--or at the very least, tolerable.
One of my first assignments is to analyze a favorite song and the song can be anything from classical to popular music today. The analysis includes describing the rhythm, beat and tempo of the song. Recognizing the time signature, whether it is major/minor song. These are music elements that I already know from being in band and choir so it will be really fun (and possibly annoying) to learn how to analyze songs I actually like, like this.
So, in preparation for this assignment I am going to list 5...okay 10 songs that aren't necessarily my favorite but they are songs that whenever I hear them either sends chills through my body or just immediately makes me happy. If you know them--enjoy again. If you don't know them--you're welcome and where have you been?? (no particular order)
1) Kindly Unspoken--Kate Voegele
2) Ghetto Gospel--Tupac ft. Elton John
3) Crystal--Fleetwood Mac (this version is specifically Stevie Nicks)
4) Something--The Beatles
5) Everything is Everything--Lauryn Hill
6) The Boxer--Simon & Garfunkel
7) Wild Horses--Natasha Bedingfield
8) Clocks--Coldplay
9) Fur Elise--Beethoven
10) Moonlight Sonata--Beethoven
So there that is...
Like I said, none of these are necessarily are my favorite songs, but I do thoroughly enjoy each one of them for every single second. There is something beautiful about music. I have always thought so.
What is the song that sends chills through you every single time you hear it?
No comments:
Post a Comment