July 27, 2012

"What I've Done"

I feel like this song is fitting (maybe just the title) is really fitting for this post.

This post is about reflection--past and future. Can you reflect on the future?
My post is inspired by two episodes of "Scrubs" both of which were based on living a full life and taking opportunities to experience what life has to offer.

I don't want to look back at my life in 5, 10, 15, etc. years and only see memories of me being to scared to take chances. I have always been a big dreamer, but with no follow through.

I play it safe in almost everything I do.

The biggest risk I've ever taken in my life had an unbelievably great payoff, but even while living in my biggest risk, I still couldn't take common risks.

So this is my open, public declaration about wanting to take more risks, live more boldly, and live this one life I have fearlessly because what the hell am I waiting for??

There are so many things I want to do before I die and I hope that if and when opportunities to do those things arrive, I will take a deep breath and jump in.

Someday I hope that I can say that I have done a few of these things:

-Join the Peace Corps
-Tour Italy
-Travel the whole of Europe
-Climb one of those crazy mountains people talk about
-Explore Asia
-See the Mayan and Incan ruins
-Live the Eat, Pray, Love experience
-Live a year in Italy/South of France/Greece
-Travel through the Amazon
-Spend a month in the Caribbean
-Fall in a Ross/Rachel, Carrie/Big, Luke/Lorelai, Buffy/Angel kind of love


If I can say I did some of these things, I will be able to say I lived a full life.
I have been living in an angry and self-destructive way up to this point. 
I owe myself a full, happy life.



1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Love your list! For me, the key is balancing learning to be happy where you are, at any given moment, and seeking the big challenges and goals. I hope you can accomplish many if not all of the items on your list--you're young, why not? and for what it's worth, I admire your courage in living your life.