This song is so catchy and fun. The lyrics are great.
I enjoy my blog, but lately I feel like I have nothing to say. Or if I do find something I want to say it ends up being slightly (or totally) depressing or an emotional share.
So I'll do the cliche January post--resolutions, farther term goals, and comments.
This year I hope:
--To work out and get in shape in a similar manner to Boston. I hope to accomplish this by running, doing P90X, pilates and eating healthy.
--To start and finish my semester strong. I have a hard, busy semester ahead of me and I can't afford to fall behind. One day, one project at a time.
--To be a more positive person. I am positive by nature, but my emotions and struggles get in the way of that too frequently.
--To volunteer more. I love it and I feel inspired and better about myself when I do.
My sister wrote her goals post for the year by finding a term that can be applied to many goals. She "challenged" readers to find their word. Mine is: motivated.
I am motivated to accomplish those things and more. I am motivated to find a level of happiness that has been eluding me for many many reasons. I am motivated to be a better me.
Oh, and I ran/walked a half-marathon yesterday. In about 3.5 hours. Not great at all, but I am proud of myself for doing it. I trained some but then due to unforseen sickness and overwhelming final papers, I stopped. I made a promise to myself to do this, so regardless of my pace or ability, I ran what I could and with the help of my partner in idiocy (Emily Richard), I finished. I ran across the finish line and accomplished something that felt amazing. I hope to actually train and run another half-marathon at some point (maybe next year?), but for now, my goal is to get in shape. Maybe another 5k or two.
2 comments:
Motivated! What a great word. I am so proud of you for your accomplishments and I am really impressed with that half marathon! Nice work, Abbey. I can't wait to see what you're up to next!
xoxo
it is too great! 13.1 miles is awesome no matter how long it takes!! Great job!
Post a Comment