February 4, 2013

"Don't You Want To Stay?"

I love this song. It makes me happy, for obvious reasons :)

I haven't posted in awhile, so why not now? At 2:00 AM. Don't judge.

If you don't stay updated with my page on Facebook, then let me update you--I am terrified of spiders and I stepped on a big daddy of spider--on accident WITH MY BAREFOOT. I about threw up from fear and mortification. Luckily I have an awesome roommate who saved me. OOOH YEAH! She saved me because all my stepping on it did was break off one leg, so the big daddy was crawling around all limp-y. I was flipping out.

Also on Facebook recently, I posted a status about being happy. I am happy. I am sometimes so overwhelmed with the happiness that I freak out and over think it ("things are going too good, something is gonna go to hell" kind of over thinking). However, I am more often consumed with the fantastic feeling of just how happy I am--School is going well, I'm eating healthy(ier), I'm working out, and I have an amazing boyfriend who treats me so well. Life is pretty good right now.

Part of my New Year's Resolution to myself (I'm not sure if I posted them on here) is to eat healthier and to not spend so much of my money on food or coffee. In order to accommodate this resolution, I am making my own morning coffee at home and I'm TRYING to not drink it after 2 or 3, and I found an amazing blog that I'm madly in love with:
Ring Around the Rosies.

From this blog I have found six different posts that include dozens of crock pot recipes that I can put together in advance and freeze. I am using my dad's ancient (but amazing) crock pot and making all sorts of delicious meals that have made life so much easier for lunches and dinners (I will never underestimate the importance and amazing-ness of leftovers). So far I have made:
Mini omelettes (part 5)
Mini meatloaf served with potatoes (part 3)
Lazy stew over noodles or plain (part 1)
Chicken teriyaki over rice (part 1)
Sausage and peppers over noodles or french bread (part 1)

So that's that. If you're interested in making the food part of your life easier, check out that blog.

That's it. I'm done.
Oh.
Did I mention that I'm happy? :)

1 comment:

Karen S said...

I'm happy that you're happy. :) And.... exercise does worlds of good for your mood. I need to be better at it.