May 26, 2013

"Sugar, Sugar"

I first discovered this song on one of my all time favorite movies, Now and Then, so that is what I expected when searching for the song. But no. I found this FABULOUS video. So worth viewing. For reals. Like watch it. Now. Did you click yet? DO IT! :)

So I picked this song because I have taken on an endeavor that I have never tried before. I am attempting to go 1 month without ANY: candy, desserts, pointless sugar snacks (fruit snacks and the like), and no soda. When I did a fruit and veggie detox last spring I inadvertently went 3 weeks without any candy, etc because I was determined to do the detox to it's finish. And I did. I've also quit soda numerous times "successfully." I say that because I always go back. But I have never quit sweets like this before. And I am extremely proud to say that I have been successful thus far. I began on May 1st and will continue until June 1st. BUT I will not resume sugar stuff full force, just on occasion; I will no longer buy "study snacks" in the form of candy. I will have the rare dessert. I will try to make healthier desserts that still give me a sugar fix, but not in a terrible way.

I have been doing this endeavor with Michael. He isn't a big candy or dessert fan but he did give up both the sweets and soda. Having someone to do this with has been a big help. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and I think that is because of the support of having someone do it with me. Now the last week is beginning and he is gone on a family vacation. Due to his physical absence, I have discovered that I am very much a boredom snacker. I don't really crave candy or cookies or whatever unless I'm massively bored. The first week was nothing. The last week however will be brutal. :/

I kinda miss gummy bears and chocolate and chocolate chip cookies, but other than that, I actually haven't missed all that much.

This is my random blog post for now. Wish me luck on completing this final week. :)

Seriously though, did you watch that video????

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Cool, and good for you. The candy I lik best is so junky that there is no excuse for it. In my favor, however, I almost never eat it. It's good to take a break from that kind of stuff. So again: good for you!

I haven't watched the video yet, but I will.

Lastly: Sugar Sugar was a big hit when I was in 7th grade. Sung by The Archie's, as in Archie and Veronica, the comic book turned into a cartoon show. It was awesome.