July 30, 2008

"If he asked for a free cup of coffee, Gimpy's goin' down"

Basically, regardless of personal doubt or issues I have a pretty good life right now. I have a fabulous job, good friends (a small group, but good friends), a wonderful family, HEALTH (mental and physical), and a future ahead of me that I can do anything with. I am very lucky and I plan to acknowledge that daily and start to actually plan my life-well at least start looking at colleges and potential majors/careers again.
The reasoning for this post is because this week I have discovered a few shocking and scary things about people I know and knew. No names will be listed but here is what happened:
1) discovered that 2 people I went to HS with (and KNEW decently well) are in prison for slightly various reasons (ask if you really want to know)
2) another person I went to HS with (and again, KNEW decently well) is one the run from the FBI for a terrifying reason
3) one of my oldest and dearest friends got in a horrible car accident and MIRACULOUSLY walked away with only some bruised ribs. She is a very lucky person and someone was definitely looking out for her and I am so grateful for that.
So yeah, my life is pretty good right now. I will happily (hopefully) take what challenges come my way in life with a smile (or grimace) and learn from them and run with them. I have no reason to shy away from life and the above shocking and scary things prove that life is short and I don't want something stupid or blink-and-life's-gone thing to ruin that.

So everyone. We are lucky to be alive and I am happy to be who I am, where I am. It can only get better (for me at least) from here.

*title is just funny. not in relation to anything in this post*

4 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Even without this post, I have got this sense from you recently--that you're really happy and energized and focused--that you're pleased with your life. It really is awesome to see!

And you're right, from the place you stand, it can only get better--especially if you're able to keep the excellent balance and sense of awareness you have right now. That's an achievement worth holding onto.

xoxoxo!

Amelia said...

I am happy for you that you are happy. Crazy all about the friends!

DiaNe said...

I am so glad that your life is going well! And it will be even well-er when I GET THERE!

DiaNe said...

hello, dear. Did you hear grandpa finished his personal history? Anyway, I got my hands on it and read a chunk of it and loved it. Long story longer, I wrote a poem about it that I thought you might like.