I am grateful for my Mom and Dad for raising me to be an open-minded, nonjudgmental and caring person.
They taught me that people are different in every single aspect of life and it is our job (our meaning specifically our family--my interpretation) to love everyone not judge anyone.
They taught me that people are different in every single aspect of life and it is our job (our meaning specifically our family--my interpretation) to love everyone not judge anyone.
I've changed my mind. No longer a rant more annoying observations...
--America and the world has witnessed and become a part of history but there are still people who think that it isn't that big of a deal and shouldn't be made into one. Yikes.
--people who say variations of this: "I'm scared for our country". You weren't already?? Obama (i believe) will change that, not make it worse.
--The naive view of many Mormons** (and people of other religions and just plain other ppl) that I have come across about (specifically) "being gay" and gay marriage. The view that it is a sin or wrong or whatever is not for us here on earth to decide. Our job here is to love everyone because (and yes. i really am saying this) "Jesus said love everyone and treat them kindly too." I would also like to throw out a scripture (oh yeah. i went there...) Morm 8:20 Everyone deserves to be loved and NO BODY should be denied the right to marry the person they love and who loves them back. **I realize this is a generalization. Not all LDS ppl believe that.**
Okay...so it turned into a little bit of a rant but still...
I'm done now.
--America and the world has witnessed and become a part of history but there are still people who think that it isn't that big of a deal and shouldn't be made into one. Yikes.
--people who say variations of this: "I'm scared for our country". You weren't already?? Obama (i believe) will change that, not make it worse.
--The naive view of many Mormons** (and people of other religions and just plain other ppl) that I have come across about (specifically) "being gay" and gay marriage. The view that it is a sin or wrong or whatever is not for us here on earth to decide. Our job here is to love everyone because (and yes. i really am saying this) "Jesus said love everyone and treat them kindly too." I would also like to throw out a scripture (oh yeah. i went there...) Morm 8:20 Everyone deserves to be loved and NO BODY should be denied the right to marry the person they love and who loves them back. **I realize this is a generalization. Not all LDS ppl believe that.**
Okay...so it turned into a little bit of a rant but still...
I'm done now.
2 comments:
I agree. I am worried and sad for lots of reasons.
Interesting, I just read something that I'll share with you next time we talk. Sunday?
Post a Comment