because it is Christmas time and this IS my Favorite Christmas song: Oh Holy Night... <--this is my favorite celebrity version, but truth be told (not just to be super proud), my brother Isaac singing this song will always be my favorite.
So. My very first semester of LSU is OVER. Done. Finito. And I finished it pretty damn well, if I do say so myself!!!
A--3
B--1
C--1
P--1
Overall GPA--3.4
:) I am quite proud of myself. I worked VERY hard this semester and it was honestly one of my hardest semesters in college ever. Next semester will be much harder, much busier and much more demanding but I will be in classes with many of the girls that I have become good friends with this semester so that will help a lot. I really like the program I am starting in and I am so excited to continue the observations that are required for some of my classes. At first figuring out the time in my schedule to go out of my way to observe classrooms was annoying, but after the VERY first one, I was done being annoyed. Those kids--I am so excited to have my own classroom someday because I know it is challenging in so many ways but those kids just make it worth it.
I am scared for next semester. 18 credits is A LOT. I fear I will have more of a school life than a social life, but I have enough determination to make it work. I NEED to make it work. 25 is just too young to feel so old. I can do this. I WILL do this. I can have fun in all aspects of my life. Besides, I'm almost done. Two years is NOTHING. I'm almost there....
Another thing that comes with being done w/ my semester is Christmas break--a freaking LONG one! Spring semester doesn't start until about the 17/18th of January! I am so very thrilled to be able to have a month off of school and about 3-ish weeks in UT to spend with my nephews (and yes, new niece!) and my mother and siblings and friends that I have missed so very much. 3 weeks will not be enough. We will just have to fill every minute. Deal?
Good.
One more Christmas song to continue the spirit of the season... (my second favorite)
1 comment:
Congratulations on a great semester. Now with one under your belt, you should be able to knock the next one out of the park. Just make sure to get a little or a lot of sunshine every day, and get out to breathe the air. Way to go Abbey! Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment