September 3, 2012

"Right Kind of Wrong"

There should never be a situation when this song is applicable, unfortunately, it is my entire "love life" story.

Anyway. The semester is technically two weeks in and already I have a severe case of ADD/procrastination brain/writer's block.

This is NOT how I imagined my semester starting. I am still so very excited about this semester but I feel like even though I am "on top of it" all, more keeps piling on and I can't get ahead of or even with the syllabi. I know, I know--one thing at a time, one class at a time (my own words even!) but there is so much in each that I feel like I'm drowning. My anxiety is not handling this well.

In the course of my life (school life that is), there are two things that are the major leading factors behind my ADD/procrastination brain/writer's block:
#1: anxiety/stress
#2: boys/lack of boys

I do not like that either is a factor.

I have a therapist to help with #1 (and #2 really), but #2 really just annoys me. I'm 25 for crying out loud. I should not be this boy crazy still or this easily distracted by boys. It's lame. 

I mean what happened to the person who wrote this post??
She was a more determined, happier, and calmer person. I liked her.
I know I can get there again, I just have to get even with my courses and not feel so drown-y.

Something that I have found that helps with my "two things" is venting about them to clear my mind. So hopefully, this will do the trick to clear my writer's block. I desperately need it to clear....

And...scene.

1 comment:

Suzzie Vehrs said...

Aw abbey being distracted by boys is s fact of life. You will get through everything I know it. I'll be praying for you.