October 15, 2013

Big Jet Plane

Although the song has nothing to do with this post, I wanted to share it.

So I am realizing something. It has been about 7 years since I was diagnosed with clinical depression, 5 years since I've been off anti-depressants and it has been six months since I've stopped going to therapy. While six months is nothing compared to 7 years or 5 years, for those who have been diagnosed with depression, six months without therapy is a big deal.
I'm not coping, I'm better.
I'm not "cured," but I'm stronger.
I'm not sad, I'm happy.
I have had a hard journey, but I am grateful for every step of it; not because it was fun or remotely easy, but because I won. I won the battles and came out on top.
I'm making this realization a specific blog post because it is important to me that I document this.
I feel like it is important to note the day I realized I'm winning.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I'm crying a little bit. So happy to read this. And so proud of you for persisting and triumphing. So proud!

Sophia said...

You are awesome!