April 17, 2007

Viewer Discretion is Advised:

So as I'm sure all the country knows, the shooting at Virginia Tech yesterday was awful and such a sad horrible thing for those families who lost loved ones. all my sympathy's to them. but with that said, i would like to divulge into what became a very interesting yet irritating...discussion...between my friends and I.
So while I do totally respect my friends and their different opinions, I can't respect this. Guns allowed LEGALLY on US college campus's. A friend of mine feels that this is totally justified and reasonable. Why shouldn't her 2nd Amendment right be used to its fullest right? wrong. Yes, feel free to keep guns in your homes for protection, if that is your wish; but do not bring them on a HUGE college campus or anywhere where a vast amount of people will be. It is a true, but sad, reality that in today's world, visible guns (not on police) cause fear and panic, not safety. Columbine and 9/11 changed that for us. I personally feel that the "gun control" that is sweeping our nation is insane. Guns should be used for protection purposes by military and police (and those who fall under that category) only. Guns for hunting, I feel should be monitored. So many accidental deaths of children are caused by the guns that their parents keep in the house, and that is so upsetting. Think of your children!
I would like to now quote Chris Rock:
“Gun control? We need bullet control! I think every bullet should cost 5,000 dollars. Because if a bullet cost five thousand dollar, we wouldn't have any innocent bystander .”
I have never heard a truer statement than that right there.
My other problem w/ last nights discussion was that my gun control friend said "shit if I were there, I would've takin' my fuckin' gun and rushed his ass!"
I could not believe my ears!!! there are about 1000 things wrong with this statement, but I'll just name a few.
1) sure she feels confident saying that when she is clear in the HELL across the country!!!!
2) no person in this WORLD knows how they would react in that kind of situation and to say that you do is the biggest bunch of bullshit i've ever heard!
3) it takes more than a moment to say "i'd kill a man and risk my life to save 30 others". we all would like to think that we would try and do something heroic like that, but the truth is, we don't know that. we don't know if we would or could. the shooter at VT was (apparently) a very angry, very depressed man and this was not a spur of the moment decision. it just wasn't.
I love my friend I really do. But in what is now the biggest American college campus mass murder since 1966, you can't just say that you would've done something different because it is disrespectful to the dead, injured and the families affected.

So again I say, all the sympathy's in the world to the students and families affected by this true tradgedy and R.I.P. to those who were killed.

No comments: