So tonight was bittersweet--a lot of fun with friends but sad because one of those friends is leaving (back to UT so somewhat happy) tomorrow afternoon.
So as a last hoorah for her we all got together at our friends house and I made dinner which was praised, which is awesome especially since the meal is one of my favorite comfort foods--spaghetti and meatballs with salad and garlic bread.
One thing I've learned from dad is that spaghetti sauce is better when "experimenting" with seasonings. Today my sauce had oregano, basil, bay leaf, paprika, black pepper, salt and a small amount of garlic. It was delicious!
And my garlic bread was just butter some minced garlic and basil toasted. Yum.
Good food, GREAT company and a really late night...
So on that note--comment ppl!
Good night and Good luck!
Okay I'm done.
3 comments:
I hate it when people I really like leave! How dare they. However, good job on the dinner!
I love experimenting with sauce. I usually put some sort of oregano/basil/thyme in it. But the secret is putting just a tad of alfredo sauce in it. Y-U-M. Grandma taught me that.
So glad to be back and reading all the blogs again!
Post a Comment