Long story short-ish:
mini-van got a hole in one of the tires and so the Gorski's arranged to have the toyota dealership fix it today but once there they told me it was unsafe to drive it the way it is because the tread on all tires were low enough that only changing the hole-y tire would cause the car to drive funny with potential weird spinning on the other three tires.
Not only that but the car's battery was only running at 50-75% power--aka not good.
So what was supposed to be a 1.5 hr stop--max--turned into (what would've been) a 3-4 hour wait. With 2 kids who were getting tired, hungry, and therefore annoying (i love them, i really do!), that was just NOT possible. So here I was with these 3 options: 1) taking a car that is unsafe to drive back home and deal with it on a different day, 2) leaving the car there and waiting 3-4 hours with two hungry/tired kids and no way to feed them, or 3) getting the OK from Jonathan or Lori (my bosses) to get a rental car for the day and leaving the car there to get fixed.
We ended up going with option number 3. Awesome. Rental cars are kinda fun right? In general, yes. Today? No. The dealership is paying for it--great! BUT I wouldn't be allowed to take the rental unless I had a matching credit card and drivers license--aka MY credit card and MY driver's license. Yay. So Enterprise had to put a $300 hold (i'm guessing that means deposit) on my American Express card AND there was an underage driver (under 25 apparently...) fee. IF I am charged anything for some reason, the Gorski's will reimburse me, but still. Yikes.
and to top it all of--it is company policy for both Toyota dealership and Enterprise to NOT help me put car seats SAFELY into the rental car. So I had to it. With two hungry tired and now cold kids waiting. The rental car lady held drew while I put his seat in first but GRRRR!
Okay. I'm DONE! :(
and okay. I'm really okay now. It is just CRAZY!
2009 Dodge Avenger
It is a little scary to drive a brand new car...
6 comments:
This day is unreal! Sadly, I have come to expect long delays at car places like that. Still, shitty. I bet you handled it famously.
I hate car problems. It always seems to be a living nightmare.
Ugh, that stinks! I can't imagine sitting around for hours at a dealership with kids. Def. a better choice to get the rental!
The hold on your amex means that you just have $300 less available credit but nothing has actually been charged to your card.. it usually takes a couple of days for the hold to lift.
Good work for handling it, though. Enjoy the awesomeness of a rental car for as long as it lasts.
Aaaaaaaaaaack. At least you get to drive an Avenger!
Abby, I can't find your cell phone number so I'm trying to contact you via blog. Lame, I know. Can you give me a call? I want to see if you will stay with Isaac this Friday while we go to New York. Diane in Belmont.
Post a Comment