I have.
Okay, so with that said: I have been here a YEAR! Today April 5, 2009 is officially the one year mark. And wow. what a year it has been. I have come a long LONG way since I left Utah. And yes folks, this does mean a list! :D
In the past year I have:
-been to VT, RI, NH, ME, and of course MA (and on Saturday, NY (again) )
-been whale watching (so cool!!)
-lost 40 lbs
-figured out what my next few steps are in life
-found some AMAZING friends
-found me
-become happier than I think I ever have been
I am THRILLED that I get to stay here until early August and it will be really hard to leave but I do honestly believe that when August comes around it will be time for me to go home. I have had a great time here, gained some wonderful experiences that have shaped who I am and will continue to be, and I have had the opportunity to watch two beautiful, wonderful, and crazy boys that I just love.
Also over this past year I've been able to have wonderful people come and visit me while I have been out here (in order of visit): Rachelle--best friend from college from those who don't know; DIANE--beautiful! wish you were here!; MAMA--so glad I got to show you my world!; Dad & Dana--i'm so glad that i got to show you my world as well!
I have narrowed down my favorite places in MA to 3 places:
1) Salem, MA...the history there is mind blowing and the actual city is beautiful...
2) Concord, MA...it is just awesome...
3) Regina's Pizzeria in the North End (Italian Boston)--Leonardo DiCaprio ate there while filming the Departed and I have now taken a picture of his picture hanging on the wall AND sat in the same booth as he has!!! *if the pathetic-ness of this one is a surprise, you haven't talked to me since I was 11. :D haha
There is so much to say about my last year here in Boston but it is to much for a blog post so I have ATTEMPTED to narrow it down to the highlights which are as follows:
Me and Rachelle at Martha's Vineyard; my closest friend out here Suzzie and me in VT; WHALE WATCHING!!!!; me and Diane in Ogunquit, ME; me and Mom in Provincetown, MA; a group of friends in Portland, ME over thanksgiving; thanksgiving at the Pritchetts; my ward's sub 4 santa presents; a group of friends at the Waltz and Schmaltz held at Wellesley; me holding a baby alligator while visiting dad/dana in LA; mom, isaac, and Lesley (and will!) at Mesa Falls; Dad/Dana in front of the Bunker Hill Monument.

6 comments:
Babe, you summed it up beautifully! And I am a little bummed you didn't mention "Chicken on Fire", the pizza place/wedding reception center.
You have had such an adventure. I'm just glad I got to share a little with you. And this weekend, a little more!
So very much to be proud of, and what an amazing set of experiences and memories. Wow! And for me, that happiness is the most monumental achievement, sweetie--I am grateful every single day for your happiness. Way to go, Abbey! Way to go!
This time you've had in Boston will go down as one of your life changing experiences. Thanks for sharing it. Love ya tons!
I'm so proud of you for so many reasons. But lets just say this: Wowza about the picture!
Way to go hot mama!
So awesome!
Abbey- it's so great to read about all the adventures you have had! It really sounds like you are growing into your own!
Post a Comment