I have been feeling crummy since Friday night--aches, fever, nausea, etc...
and then on Saturday, it got worse. So I slept all day.
Then this morning I woke up still feeling sick but not as bad, but still bad enough that I needed to stay in bed some more.
Lori (the mom of the kids I watch) told me (very nicely and gently) that she wasn't allowed to go to work for 5 days if someone in her house has the flu (she works in a medical research/testing company) so I went to the only medical place that is open on a sunday...the ER.
I was there for 4.5 hours to find out that I DON'T have the flu and I don't have strep, and I don't have mono, I don't have anything. Not really anyway. I have some sort of viral infection that my body is fighting because my white blood cell count is elevated 5000 more than normal. Because of that, he told me to just rest it up for a day or two. BUT he was a very nice and comprehended how much pain I was in from the throat up, so he gave me an antibiotic for that. yay!
and I had my blood drawn today (duh, how else would they know my white blood cell count) and it was my first real time and I was so upset by it (I can't explain it, but needles/giving/drawing blood freaks me out) that I cried a little... :(
Lori has been really great! She went to the store and bought me italian ice for my sore throat, a gatorade, some apple juice, some tissues, and as a snack some on-the-go fruit loops. :D very sweet...
Then there was this. Luckily no one was hurt.

And this is just the HALF my friend got on his cell phone. The entire building went down. Read the article--it is very short.
So, how was your sunday?
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. It's the worst, and you just want someone (preferrably a boy) to hold you until the achiness goes away.
I heard about this church building! How tragic.
PS I love reading you blog:)
Post a Comment