I just HAD to post this little "argument" I just had with Connor.
*We are fighting (aka he is crying) because he doesn't want to clean up the toys he has played with in the basement even though he KNOWS the rule is that you pick up any toys you played with before we can go upstairs.
A: Connor. I'm not going to say this again so listen closely.
C: DON'T SAY IT!!!
A: Say what? You don't know what I'm going to say.
C: Yes I do.
A: Okay, what am I going to say?
C: I don't know but I don't want to hear it!
This whole conversation was had while I was calmly (okay annoyingly) standing by and trying to not raise my voice to get him to stop crying/whining (because "connor? do you get what you want from me when you whine?") and pick up toys, and he was going between tears, whining and screeching his displeasure at me.
Just to inform you all--the 2 rules about basement play are as follows:
1--you have to pick up all toys played with before going upstairs (as previously stated)
2--Connor has to pick up 5 toys on his own (and put them in the right place) before I will help him, and he only gets help if he asks me nicely ("help with toys please pick up" as he "politely" asks)
just thought I would share that because that conversation made me laugh really hard--well. the last line especially.
alright I'm done.
5 comments:
Ahhh. Glad to know I'm not the only one who has these conversations!
That? is SO FUNNY. I feel that way myself, sometimes, Connor. I feel you, my brother.
Sounds like something my students would say!
You're going to be a great mom. :)
I love that your post title is from The Little Mermaid!!
Post a Comment