July 24, 2009

"so let go, jump in oh well, whatcha waiting for it's alright 'cause there's beauty in the breakdown"

Okay. So I have one week left. Holy. Crap. So with my time off I have done these things:
--Ran 3 miles along the Charles River (a VERY Boston thing to do)
--Biked 4 miles (to hang out with my (former) Bishop and his wife and their 2 beautiful little boys. I love them dearly. That whole family has become so special to me.)
--Slept in until 9/10 each morning
--Ran 2 miles with the Pritchett's little tiny dog
--Discovered how much I LOVE R.E.M, Pearl Jam, and Oasis...
--Perfected one song on Guitar Hero (the Wii version) on Medium ->Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar.
--went to dinner with about 9 of my friends tonight as part one (apparently) of my Going Away Party (or as my friend Rob called it, my 'mourning while celebrating' party) to an AMAZING Japanese restaurant in Boston's Chinatown called Shabu-Zen. Check out the link to see how cool it is. And it was so cool!!! You literally cook your own food in a BOILING (hotter than boiling) water. 5 seconds and a thinly sliced piece of beef is PERFECTLY cooked. It was so so cool!!!!!!
--Went to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.
Words can not explain how amazing this museum is...ask Diane, I tried to. The pictures below are of the indoor courtyard. the part of the building that is seen in them is based on a building in Venice, Italy (no wonder I love it right??). The art inside was very cool as well, amazing rare pieces-OLD too. But I am STILL in awe of how incredibly beautiful this courtyard is..PLEASE PLEASE check out the link..it is worth it.
I went on Thursday, July, 23rd. It was free for some Neighborhood thing..I don't fully understand it, but hey. It was free and so unbelievably worth the travel time..


--Went to the Museum of Fine Arts on Wednesday, July 22nd because thanks to the wonderfully awesome Target (yes, the store), it is FREE (as opposed to $25) on Wednesdays after 4. I hadn't ever been before, but have been told many MANY times that I need to see it. I'm so glad I did! I especially loved the old Egyptian and Greek exhibits. So beautiful..so detailed. Museums are so incredible..

--Tomorrow I will be going to a.....RED SOX GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Here we go Red Sox, Here we go!" :D :D I'm way excited!!!!!! I love my friends, I love my life, and I LOVE Boston.
Okay, I'm done for now.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Sweet Caroline! BOM BOM BOM! You are so lucky you get to go to a Red Sox game! How fun and those museums looked way cool.

Lisa B. said...

No breakdowns, though.

Your days sound so full. Glad to hear there are so many wonderful places and people at this moment.

Red Sox game! awesome.

xoxo

DiaNe said...

yeah, we GOTTA get the wii to our new place.