September 23, 2008

"For the second time. Mom, it's a pretend wedding. J.Lo has them all the time!"

**For my 100th post (finally got there!! :D), my title quote is from the 100th episode of Gilmore Girls titled (conveniently...) "Wedding Bell Blues" ...not that there was ANYTHING sad about the below information...**

























Pictures are worth a thousand words...
Ashley Wilson (now West)'s wedding
Saturday, September 20, 2008
This was a wedding that I just could NOT miss. Ash has been such a wonderful friend of mine for many many years and I am so very happy for her. She looked so beautiful and happy. David is a great guy and I'm really happy that they've found each other. Congrats ashley and david! :D
And I'm SO happy that I was trusted with the music for their wedding reception. If i do say so myself, I did a FABULOUS job. haha :D

but just to break it down for ya'll my trip home for this wonderful event:
Saturday (sept. 20):
4:30 am-on the way to Boston Logan International Airport
6:00 am-left BLIA to JFK
9:00 am-left JFK for SLC
11:50 am- LANDED in SLC for a 1:30 (start time) temple wedding
1:30-3:00-Temple pictures
3:30-5:15-hung out w/ Isley and saw curtis and deacon for a nano second!
5:30-8:30-the reception...where YES I did meet old but now new friend, KC...
8:30-midnight-hung out with KC, his cousin Devin, and a saw Isley (again :D) and Sophie and Deacon for another nano second!
Sunday (sept. 21):
2-3 AM-hung out w/ dustin and bryce
7:30 am-on the way to SLC Airport
9:00 am-left SLC for JFK
5:30 pm-left JFK for BLIA
7:20 pm-home in Reading, MA.
8:30 pm-exhausted, I fell asleep.

It was an intense day. Wow. But I am so very glad that I went. It was ABSOLUTELY worth it.

Oh and a random taste of my "playlist" for the wedding was:
Van Morrison "Have I told you Lately"
Beatles "All you Need is Love"
Nat King Cole "Unforgettable"
Paul McCartney "Maybe I'm Amazed"
Billy Joel "She's Got a Way"
Joe Cocker "You Are So Beautiful"
Edwin McCain "I'll Be"
Celine Dion "When I Fall In Love"
Peter Gabriel "In Your Eyes"
Eric Clapton "Wonderful Tonight"
**the playlist was 60 songs aka 4 hrs...**

4 comments:

DiaNe said...

first of all, you really look great in the pictures!

second of all, seeing your itinerary written down makes this trip seem all the more totally chaotic! I'm glad you are glad you came. And left. So. So fast.

Lisa B. said...

You DO look great! Glad to hear you had such a fun time, but omg, what a crazy mad schedule. love you baby, miss you baby!

Karen S said...

Sounds like a fun trip. You look beautiful.

Isaac said...

That was so fun seeing you. I can't wait to see you again at Christmas--your nephew is ecstatic as well (he told me).