So my little boys have a new nanny...
Her name is Colette and she is great. Truly. But it is still weird...
I know she'll fit in great and it will ultimately be fine, but so weird!!
Connor likes her, which is good, but I still don't think he fully understands what is happening because the other day Connor and I were talking and this was the conversation:
A: "Connor. Do you like Colette?"
C: "Yeah.."
A: "would you like it if she came over and played with you again?"
C: "yeah, but for longer this time."
A: "I think we can do that! Would you like it if she came and watched you sometime?"
C: "yeah! that would be fun."
A: "maybe she could come watch you all the time when I go back home to Utah"
C: "sure! but only until you come back."
talk about heart breaking! :(
but it is all really happening and Lori, Jonathan and I are figuring out the best way to transition from me everyday to Colette everyday..So far we have that for the month of July she comes day once a week for a significant chunk of time and then for the last week either everyday for smaller amounts of time or 2 or 3 times a week where one of those days she has them by herself...
so that is that and i can't talk about it anymore right now.
what I can talk about is this:
The CRUISE to the BAHAMAS is officially on!! hells to the ya! haha :D
AND
it was my good friend Emallie (and yes, that is how you spell it)'s birthday last Thursday so for her birthday I got her (okay, us) concert tickets to see Kate Voegele at the Paradise Rock Club in Boston last night!!! SO AMAZING!!!
for those of you who don't know who she is, shame on you. but seriously, she is my new backstreet boys. haha jk...kinda
I truly love all of her songs and when her new album comes out May 19th I know I will love all those songs just as much! I thank the show 'One Tree Hill' for introducing me to her and her first album was written just for me, I'm pretty sure.
Okay I'm done.
I'm going to end with this:
SMALL VENUE CONCERTS ARE SO AWESOME!!!! :D
okay, i'm done!
(the post's title are some lyrics from her song "Sweet Silver Lining")
6 comments:
brings tears to my eyes.
I totally agree: the small venue concert is such an amazing experience! It makes big venue concerts feel lame.
love you love you love you.
Maybe you can figure out a way to visit the boys sometime after t
well, I meant to erase that last part, but since I didn't:
the new nanny gets established.
xoxo
I know your pain. I still am homesick for the kids I nannyied. But now it is just a tiny little piece of homesick that reminds me of a great time of my life.
BAHAMAS BABY!!! bring it on.
and that conversation with Connor is precious. Mostly because I can hear him saying it.
That is so funny because the last blog I just clicked out of 2 seconds ago was talking about that same song. Small world- and crazy stuff about that fire. How did it start?
Post a Comment