October 26, 2011

"She Will Be Loved"

Because someday this song will be about me. ;)

Well. The stress of a busy, full semester is getting to me. I'm doing fine, but I'm struggling. Contradict much? Let me explain.

I am doing all of my work and I'm doing it well, BUT I am procrastinating more, I'm introverting more, and I'm sleeping less (too catch up on my procrastinating). However, I am not worried about me, which means that no one else should be either. I am just someone who struggles with my emotions a little bit more than others, and that is okay. I let them get away from me from time to time, and that's okay too. Because, I find my way back. I am much more emotionally stable than I was the last time I was in college full time and away from home.

I am also having a little more of a difficult time finding my place here than I'd like. I don't mean apartment; I mean socially. I am doing fine, but it is not the same. I miss my family, friends and my life (as crazy as it was). I know without a doubt that moving was 150% the absolute right thing for me to do, but I won't pretend that I hoped for a little bit of the "Boston" situation to follow me. I guess I was just unbelievably lucky and fortunate to make as many friends as quickly as I did and with as many incredible people as I did. I couldn't even fathom replacing those friends, nor would I ever try, but I did except to have a little of that luck follow me. It isn't that I'm not trying--I am. It is just harder. I am almost 5 years older than the majority of people in my classes which isn't a HUGE gap in actuality, but in interests and ideas of "fun", it is a GIGANTIC gap. I guess it is harder to make friends as you get older. But I'm not giving up, I'm just a little frustrated and a tad disheartened. The friends I have made however, are great people. I enjoy them quite a bit. :)

I really had absolutely no point to this but to release some feelings of disappointment, frustrations and stress. This is not to worry any mother of mine that is reading this. ;-)

That's all.

1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Atta girl, A. I love reading this self-aware, smart woman, thinking about her life and figuring out things as she goes along. I agree with you--it was 150% the best thing to do, we all miss you, and I believe that your social scene will sort itself out. In the meantime, I am glad to know that you're doing well overall, and am so very proud of you.