Movies continued...
Like I said, I enjoyed all (now 50) movies but I loved some more than others. And per request I will say which ones they are (in no particular order) and why.
1) Lawrence of Arabia
-really really slow moving! and my mom is probably right, better for a big screen than a small computer screen..
2) The Grapes of Wrath
-gotta say, won't be reading the book anytime soon. I'm glad I saw it but it just wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be.
3) 2001: A Space Odyssey
-if you need an explanation for this, you need a catscan. I get why its on the list...just not as high as it is...
4) The Bridge on the River Kwai
-its not that it was bad; it was actually really good. it just isn't my taste, so I really was most thrilled when it was over.
5) King Kong
-just not good. fake. dialogue? seriously? again get why, but not that high.
6) Amadeus
-wierd but good. great music. that's about it.
7) Dr. Strangelove
-just wierd. should be in like the last 30, not the first.
8) Jaws
-I HATE SHARKS. 'nuf said.
9) All Quiet on the Western Front
-I think I disliked this film so much because my first introduction to it was in my 10th grade history class and what10th grader wants to hear about this?!
10) It's A Wonderful Life
-I think I might be shot for this, but it is so GRR!!! it is a fine movie, but it DEFINITELY doesn't deserve all the praise its gotten over the years. Plus, watching it EVERY YEAR at christmas like 200 times, doesn't help either.
So again, I really did enjoy them all and appreciate them for what they are worth, but I would consider changing the order of some of these movies!
Oh yeah, and I really can't get enough of Marlon Brando! Every movie I've seen with him in it is just plain AMAZING!!! On the Waterfront? The Godfather?? seriously. he is amazing!
2 comments:
Thank you, Miss Movies, for this update. Loved your comment "if you need an explanation for this, you need a catscan." I agree. I was prepared to have my mind blown when I first saw this, and then thought, yawn. Fine, but yawn.
I too liked the catscan comment, quite the little write Abigail...
Post a Comment